Government of Odisha assistance to Farmers through Rural backyard poultry rearing during the year 2022-23
Government of Odisha will provide assistance to lockdown affected farmers for Rural backyard poultry rearing under scheme “Livelihood Support to Farmers through Rural Backyard Poultry rearing during the year 2021-21 “. This scheme a 100% subsidized scheme. There is no loan component in this scheme.
Who can get this assistance?– Only ST/SC beneficiary
- Identification Proof (Aadhaar Card)
- Bank A/C No. with IFS Code for DBT (Photocopy)
Components of the scheme-
|Cost in Rupees
|Cost towards night shelter @ Rs.1000/-
|Cost of 50 nos. of 2 week Old LIT birds @ Rs.65/- each (Rs.65/- X 50) 3,250.00
About 50% of supplied birds will ne male & can be sold at the marketable age of about 6 months. Female birds will lay eggs for 1 years with around 150 eggs per year. A farmer can earn a profit of about Rs13000 from one unit.
Type of assistance– 1-Rs.500.00 will be deposited in bank account of farmer towards construction of night shelter .
2-50 numbers of 4 weeks old unsexed backyard poultry chicks will be distributed to each farmer in two phases (25 + 25) with a gap of 3 months.
Government support for the scheme
- Farmer will be trained on poultry farming at block level
2.onrecommended management practices on feeding & watering, brooding and vaccination etc.
- The Livestock Inspectors, Gomitras and Prani Mitras of the that area will guide the
farmer in field for managing the poultry units.
- CDVO of concerned district will assist in procurement and supply of backyard chicks
- Veterinary health care services will be provided by field functionaries through ongoing
health care schemes and MVU Scheme.
- Routine vaccination of birds will be conducted on priority basis.