Government of Odisha assistance to Farmers through Duck farming during the year 2022-23
Government of Odisha is providing assistance to lockdown affected farmers for small duck farm under scheme “Livelihood Support to Farmers through Duckery farming during the year 2022-23”. This scheme a 50 % subsidized scheme. Share of farmer is 50% (Rs2000/-)
Who can get this assistance – 1-Small/ Marginal/ Landless/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ individual members of WSHG will be selected under the programme.2- Should be a permanent resident of the Village/ Panchayat.
- Identification Proof (Aadhaar Card)
- Bank A/C No. with IFS Code for DBT (Photocopy)
Components of the scheme-
|Cost in Rupees
|Cost towards night shelter @ Rs.1000/-
|Cost of 50 nos. of 2 week Old LIT birds @ Rs.60/- each (Rs.60/- X 50) 3,000.00
About 50% of supplied birds will ne male & can be sold at the marketable age of about 6 months. Female birds will lay eggs for 1.5 years with around 250 eggs per year. A farmer can earn a profit of about Rs13000 from one unit.
Type of assistance-Rs2000/- subsidy is available to the farmer. Benificiary has to pay 50% of scheme cost i.e Rs2000/-
1-Rs.1000.00 will be deposited in bank account of farmer towards construction of night shelter .
2-50 numbers of two weeks old unsexed ducklings will be distributed to each farmer in two phases (25 + 25) with a gap of 3 months.
Government support for the scheme
- Farmer will be trained on duck farming at block level
2.recommended management practices on feeding & watering, brooding and vaccination etc.
- The Livestock Inspectors, Gomitras and Prani Mitras of the that area will guide the farmer in field for managing the duck units.
- CDVO of concerned district will assist in procurement and supply of ducklings
- Veterinary health care services will be provided by field functionaries through ongoing health care schemes and MVU Scheme.
- Routine vaccination of birds will be conducted on priority basis.