Green fodder is an important source of nutrition for domestic animals. Moringa ( drumstick)plant can produce highly nutritious fodder round the year with high protein content. The scientific name of Moringa is Moringa oleifera. Production of fodder from moringa tree is about double in comparison to traditional fodder. Fodder production fromMoringa plant is about 100 tons per hector. Leaves of Moringa is rich in protein mineral like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulfur, and vitamins like A EB C. It contains about 16% protein and essential amino acid like Methionine, Cystine. These& trees are drought-resistant fast-growing plant cultivated in most part of India. Cultivation of this plant for fodder purpose can reduce the production cost of milk and meat.
Plastic slatted flooring is a new flooring innovation in small animal (sheep & goat )farming. It is quickly gaining popularity in India. Some advantages and disadvantages of Plastic slatted floor surface are given below.
- Plastic slatted floor surface is anti slippery when wet, hence there is less chance of skidding.
- Life of plastic slatted flooring material is longer in comparison to wooden flooding
- Inter-locking blocks makes installation easier .
- it is be cleaned easily with water .
- Chance of fungal infection in rainy season is low.
- Less chance of leg fracture in animals due to wear and tear of floor in comparison to wooden or bamboo floor.
- Colour of plastic blocks gives attractive look to farm.
- Cost of plastic slatted floor blocks are high (Rs 120 to Rs200/- per Sq.ft)
- It is not easily available in semi urban and rural areas