PROJECT REPORT 10000 BROILERS
This broiler farm project 10000 birds has been worked out subject to the following conditions:
- Hybrid Broiler Chicks will be purchased from commercial hatcheries for every batch.
- Sale price of finisher birds will change in accordance with change in purchase price of feed & chick .
- Bio-security measures must be strictly adopted.
- The farm must be managed by the entrepreneur on scientific lines.
- The scheme is a broad guideline and is likely to vary as per the change in price/cost of various specified items
- The entrepreneur must check the following points before starting a Broiler farm.
- Availability of hybrid broiler chicks in local market
- Nearness of the Farm to Veterinary Hospital, Animal disease diagnostic laboratory
- Marketing facility & demand of Broiler in local market
- Availability of broiler feed & medicine in their locality.
- Farm manger must undergo training on broiler poultry farming
Government subsidy for this type projects– Back ended capital subsidy is available for this project under GOI Scheme PVCF(EDEG)subject to a ceiling of Rs 56,0000/- for 10000 birds unit for APL farmers. SC/ST/BPL farmers , people in notified difficult areas, farmers from NEStates including Sikkim can avail 33.33% subsidy with ceiling of Rs 74,6000/- per ten thousand birds. (Notified Difficult Areas like Leh, Ladakh, Kargil areas for, areas above 11,000 ft. height from mean sea level as well as difficult islands.)
SUBSIDY AVAILABLE FOR FARMERS FROM ODISHA: -Odisha farmer can avail subsidy for this type project under Mukhya Mantri Krushi Udyoga Yojana (MKUY) (APICOL). 50% subsidy of capital expenditure with the limit of Rs1500000/- (Rupees fifteen lakhs)is available for broiler farm of 10000 capacity ST/SC and general women and degree holder of agriculture and allied sector. 40% subsidy with limit of Rs1300000/- (thirteen lakhs) is available for the male of general category.
Housing for broiler chicken
Floor –Pucca, smooth strong concrete cemented, impervious to moisture rodent proof ,and have slope towards door. Plinth should be 2ft. higher than ground.
Walls-2ft. high lengthwise brick wall on sides,4ft wire netting above brick wall supported with angle iron. End wall should be solid made of bricks.
Doors –There should be two doors 4ft. wide and 6ft high opposite to each other.
Roof – 12-14ft. high at the center and 6ft. high on the side wall with 3ft. hang over beyond wall to prevent rain water from entering poultry house
Techno economic parameters for 10000 broiler is given in economic parameters for 10000 broiler
|ECONOMICS OF BROILER FARMING TO PRODUCE 10,000 BROILERS PER CYCLE|
|Capital cost||(Amount in Rs.)|
|Land development @ 10000/- per acre for one acre||10000|
|Fencing @ 10000/acre per one acre||10000|
|Construction of Brooder cum grower house one sq.ft/bird for 10000 birds @Rs.250/sq.ft||2500000|
|A bore well with submersible pump||100000|
|Pipe lines to shed||50000|
|Equipments for 10000 birds @Rs.20/bird||200000|
|Electrification & electrical installation||50000|
|Feed store 200sq.ft@300/sq.ft||60000|
|Office cum marketing room 12’x10’ @400/sq.ft||48000|
|TOTAL CAPITAL COST||3083000|
|Cost of chicks 10300 @ RS.35/chick (5% extra for mortality 2% free fro hatchery )||360500|
|Cost of concentrate email@example.com/bird for10,000 birds @28/kg for first bath||980000|
|Wages for two labour @200/day(600/month) for 1.5month for first bath||18000|
|Misc, expenditure i.e. electricity vaccine medicine insurance etc. including veterinary aid @Rs,4/bird/batch||40000|
|Total working capital||1417000|
|Total project cost||4500000|
|Margin money 25% of project cost||1125000|